Look what I got myself for Christmas...
Not really planned that way- but he was available and I had a home...
So he was our bestest gift...
He's not always as sweet as he looks in this picture.
And well, he needed to be de-wormed (yuck)
But he purrs a lot and I am his favorite... so he's a keeper.
Wow- 2008. I feel a bit bittersweet about this.
2007 was a big year for me.
(It all started at the end of 2006)
But I finally stood up to my GHOSTS.
I finally created a NEW dream.
I am finally doing something for MY future (well and ultimately for my family as well)
But right now it is mine...
Mine to own...
Mine to live...
Mine to complete...
Last year my WORD FOR THE YEAR was FORWARD
It really did become my mantra- even if it was subconscious...
When I got down on myself- I would just say (usually in my head)-
KEEP MOVING
ONWARD
FORWARD
and OBJECTS IN MOTION STAY IN MOTION
Sometimes I moved FORWARD with my eyes open...
And sometime with them closed.
But I did it.
And I still need FORWARD.
I am the type of person who likes to lye down and close my eyes and forget the world around me... and hope that the world around me forgets me too. It is in my inner nature to stop. To just quit moving- quit trying so hard.. quit trying to prove myself to others.
So although I need FORWARD (godness I feel like I am writing a medieval morality play)
I am moving on to ACCEPTANCE...
Word for 2008 is ACCEPTANCE.
A good word for me.
Something that came to me doing a menial task today and the momment it jumped into my head- I knew it was the one. And I think this year will be a journey of discovering how I am going to define that word for myself. I think it is a very layered word and I have many many levels of myself and my life to sort through.
Mostly I need to ACCEPT where I am going. Where life is taking me.
I need to ACCEPT age- my age, my husbands age, my parents age, my children's age.
I need to ACCEPT that aging is part of my life. It is one of the parts that scares me the most.
So here's to 2007- God is Great! I honestly feel I was very blessed this past year.
And Here's to 2008 because- well it is inevitable.

No comments:
Post a Comment