It occurred to me today- that there are a few people in my life (or better said were in my life at one time) that I really owe an apology for one thing or another.... There were times in my life that I did not do the right thing, or act the right way, or say the right thing. There are people who I could have been a better friend... there are people I was not straight and honest with, people who deserved better from me.
Oh- it is all in the past- but today if I had had a wish- that's what it would have been... to apologize. I was not malicious to anyone- just young and stupid... screwed up priorities, broken heart, human nature....
So here it goes.... I am truely sorry for:
- for the time I should have been a better friend
- for the times I should have been a better listener
- for all the time that I was not completely honest
- for the time(s) that I put my foot in my mouth- and incidentally hurt someone's feelings
- for being weak too weak in spirit and weak in mind to do the "right" thing
- for not trusting you
- for not trying hard enough
- for not giving you a chance
- for not asking the right question
- for being scared
- for asking you to fight my battles for me
- for realizing too late that you were there
- for letting our friendship go....
Mostly I am sorry that I cannot be face to face today with some people that I once cared deeply for (even those that I did not value enough at the time) and tell them straight up.

1 comment:
hi - i followed your comment from colorfool - i have to say that it is annoying having the 'state' involved in your family's business. but maybe don't give up on the school preschool yet. i was wary, but my son had an excellent experience there. great teacher and aides and very positive. it depends on the situation, why not check it out?
Post a Comment