This little girl puts up with a lot..... and so does her mommy!
- Seriously- the part I hate most about having a child in therapy services is that it opens the door for people to give unsolicited opinions regarding your parenting. Sometimes even inappropriate opinions.
- So the school social worker came to our home today- to meet us and begin the transition from birth to 3 services to school services. She noticed that C still uses a nuk (pacifier) and gave her 2 cents worth on why she should NOT have one.
- Ok- I am a reasonably educated parent- this is child #3, I am fully aware of the pro's and con's of pacifier use and informed and experienced as to how to ween. I politely explained to her (all the while feeling like I really did not need to offer any explaination or defence of my parenting skills) that she is allowed to have her nuk at only certain times of the day.
- And since she just started therapy and that I am currently potty training her- I was just doing it one step at a time.
- What I really wanted to say is that... if she wasn't at my house having this useless meeting I would be able to focus on my child and take the nuk away- since she in not supposed to have it- she snuk it- feeling a bit stressed that there were strangers in her house once again.
- When we talked about a future therapy schedule- I mentioned that I was in school 3 days a week and that I would need therapy to be on my days off- she was confused and wondered why my mother (who is my childcare) could not bring her to therapy.
- HELLO- I am the mother and want to be involved in my child's treatment. I AM THE MOTHER- this is my job- I WILL BE THERE.
- It is certainly an education being on the other end of the system.
- But at least today I feel strong- I am my child's keeper- MOMMY WARRIOR mode!!!!!!

1 comment:
You are Woman, you are Mother, let 'em hear you roar!!! Yay, you!
Post a Comment