Thursday, June 05, 2008

Freedom.... and other tandom stuff


What I love about summer VACATION.....

  1. I do not have to have school uniforms washed and "pressed"- well at least not in a wrinkled heap!
  2. I do not have to remember to wash above said uniforms.
  3. I do not have to haul my bum out of bed and get above said uniforms to the correct child. Yes- I know I should do this the night before. It is a very easy task- but I am and never will be a morning person. Something to work on for next year. NOTE TO SELF- prep school clothes at night!
  4. Pack lunches- no I no longer (or should I say my husband no longer) needs to plan lunch 5 hours before it is due to happen. We can live fancy free and decide what our lunch is going to be on a whim- within 5 minutes of consumption. Delightful!
  5. I do not have to shower before getting the kids off to school- or fear who my un-showered self may bump into dropping the kids off to school. My hair really does resemble Einstein's each and every morning!!!!
  6. Every child can pull their bony little butts out of bed at just about any time they want- regardless of what time their siblings got up.
  7. Bedtime- what bedtime.....
  8. Cartoons in the morning- thank you PBS. No I am not advocating couch potatoes- but hey clifford and gang are a relaxing way to wake up. No news, No video games, No fighting, No MOOOOOM_ where's my..... MOOOOM can you get. They are happily zoned out for a while.... pushing the sleep out of their eyes. Still to tierd to care which child was clever enough to snag the prime position on the couch.

Today

  • cinnamon rolls for breakfast- treat to celebrate!!!!
  • Rain and thunderstorms all day- so we can enjoy each others company endlessly! (At this point this is a good thing- in about a month- well- really there could be tears about spending so much togetherness time inside)
  • Games, Wii- Indiana Jones baby..., Crafting, Scrapbooking...
  • Decorating the new flower press
  • Playing school- yes I have a Kindergardener- well First Grader now.... and I set up a new school corner in the playroom (used to be dining room- love it - hate it. Very bittersweet momment turning over my lovely dining room - you know the one that is technically only used at Christmas and Easter- over to the children. But if you read my post from yesturday it was really all for this girl. Playtime- therapy time all day so to speak and she doesn't even know it.)
  • Lunch on a whim- not the picnic I imagined a week ago- due to rain- but on a whim anyway
  • My daughter has declared that she plans to stay in her jammies all day- works for me.

Summer Vacation = Freedom!!!!!!

No comments: