Tuesday, February 27, 2007

SPT-Layers

The earth has been completely blanketed in white.
I had a beautiful drive to work, lake effect snow
falling, trees flocked white.
It was pure beauty.
But it also came with a price.
Some of the weaker
branches
crumbled
under the weight.
The street
filled with a beautiful
white blanket
was also filled with
the skeletal remains
of tree branches that
just couldn't
KEEP UP.
Branches that were
already broken,
branches that were
weaker than the others,
branches that fell
because of other falling
branches.
VULNERABLE
Unable to hold
up the burden.
If I could only
strip
away
these layers.
Layers of
obligations,
emotions,
doubt,
stress,
anxiety,
weight,
anger,
fear,
pain....
Would the core of me,
bare
without the layers
covering up,
burdening,
weighing down,
be able to hold me up.
Would
my core
hold up
as those layers
fall softly
upon it's strength?

4 comments:

luzie said...

I hope the answer to the last two sentences is yes..

Beautiful picture, beautiful words.

Vanessa said...

lovely image and words of reflection
V

Loralee Choate said...

OOOOH. This is one of my favorites. I love the artiness of it all. The window panes are killer.

The Crafty-Girl™ said...

love the lines and high contrast; wonderful writing, too!