We have this holiday tradition we started a few years back.
Lobster Bisque
It all started one year when my husband had
a patient that owned a fish market store.
He told my husband about this wonderful Lobster Bisque, from Maine,
he gets in the store each year after Thanksgiving. So my husband
bought some. And of course we all loved it (especially my dad).
Now my husband's family is polish and serves up a
traditional meatless Christmas Eve Dinner, complete with fish soup
(this is nothing more than fish, potatoes and water).
So, Lobster Bisque was a wonderful step up from Fish Soup, yet
was still acceptable for tradional purposes.
Well the following year, my husband tried to buy some
more bisque, but his old patient retired from the business.
And darling husband did not try to order from anywhere else until
the week of Christmas. Of course no one had any, and to order from the
internet with such short notice would have cost a small fortune.
He was heartbroken.
So, being the incredible wife that I am, I suggested that we make it, How hard
could it be? Well I combined a few recipies from the internet, to suit
my own needs. (We do not live anywhere near the coast).
And the rest is history.
I finally wrote my recipie down, it really makes life
much easier since I only make it once a year.
Just wish I had taken a nice photo with
the bisque in a nice bowl with a little whipping
cream swirl and a garnish.



No comments:
Post a Comment