Friday, December 01, 2006

Oh Such a Grateful Friday

Posted by Picasa 1. This boy. He has been my JOY for the past 8 years. Today was his special day. He has been planning, scheming, and anticipating this day for the past 365 days. He loves his birthday so much. At school mass yesturday they blessed the birthdays for the week. I cry each time. "May God bless and keep you, may God's way shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace." It is a very powerful prayer when all the children, teachers and parents are signing it as the birthday kids are standing on the alter together.

2. Lego Star Wars II. Oh I am so grateful for this game. This morning my son came to the side of my bed after checking out the presents I wrapped. Each birhtday I let him pick one to open before school. After opening the one he chose he came upstairs and declared "I got my hopes up for nothing. No Lego Star Wars." My response of course was that it was only 7am he had the whole day ahead of him. And yes he got it from his grandparents.

3. The beginning of advent season. I love advent. I love it more than Christmas. And I love that my kids go to a christian school and can celebrate it. Today my preschooler came home with her hand made advent wreath. And today I volunteered in my son's class to help them make their handmade advent wreaths. They are beautiful, all paper. I will take a picture when it comes home. Its a scrapbookers dream- elementary school style. Each week they will make a flame for one of the 4 candles. And not just any ol' flame. It is a bit 3D.

4. Grateful that my kids Christmas concert will be in the church. This has been a hot topic since last year. Someone must have complained that they did not think the school should be using the church and alter in such a way. You know little kids singing their heart out in praise of God. Must not be allowed in a church. So our spring concert had to be in the gym. A gym without any acoustic panels. Awful. But Christmas concerts just shouldn't be that way. So we convinced the principal to try just a little harder to get Christmas in church. Spring concert can be anywhere else, but Christmas belongs in the church. Amen!

5. Very Very grateful that I got around town without any accidents. We were not supposed to get snow. Just light flurry- dusting. But we got enough to ice the roads. And I was supposed to turn left to get to the grocery store at a semi-major intersection and my car would only turn, skid to the right. So to the right I went. And the road was so icy I was not about to turn around. So I took the long loop back and stopped by a different grocery store that was in that direction. But we were all safe. My sister in law- however was not so lucky. Her car was towed after someone smacked into her while she was stopped. But still grateful she was not hurt. Made sure she has a couple glasses of wine tonight!

6. Grateful that I found the recipies from a cooking class that I took 10 years ago. Gourmet recipies, pasta recipies, dessert recipies. Even if I don't make them (although I do plan to try) they bring back some great memories.

7. Grateful that I had time to do everything I needed to do today and enjoyed myself every step of the way!

8. Grateful that I can get my hair in a ponytail again.

9. Grateful that I finally found my missing slipper. Could only find one. Yeh they are a little bit used up, with a very well disguised hole and all, but they are prefectly broken in, wonderfully warm and orange boiled wool. Wearing them right now and probobly everytime I post on this blog this winter.

10. Grateful that we are putting up our tree this year. Probobly going to put up the artificial one this year ( I prefer cutting down our own from the tree farm, but there just isn't a good time to do it this year). And especially grateful that my husband is planning to assemble it (this has been my job each year we use it). I am hoping he does the lights as well, since I am more than willing to let that job go to.

(digital kit by Holly McCaig, Plain Digital Wrapper)

No comments: