Sunday, July 13, 2008

Midpoint... and little adventures and a few miracles


  • Summer is at it's midpoint here. Since life is meant to be continuous- this would be a good thing. But I really wish it would slow down a little- so that I could fully inhale all the goodness around me.
  • Finally hit the beach- finally warm enough ( although as I write this it is only 63 degrees at 9 in the morning- in JULY). A day filled with sun, sunscreen, the lake, lots of sand (on the beach and in our suits), breakfast for dinner, cousins, ....
  • Summer haircuts- short and sweet bobs with glitter sprinkles and french braids
  • Tan skin- I know that sun is damaging but the 80's girl in me still delights in a little browning of the skin. The Irish girl in me is glad that there is enough of my father in me that I can brown my skin a little.
  • Days without make-up. Again this must be due to the glow of a light tan- in winter I am rarely brave enough to venture out with bare pasty white skin.
  • Planning a little vacation to St. Louis for my nephews birthday.
  • Knitting- socks, socks, socks. Yes it is Christmas in July around here- as I am gearing up for Christmas already. Once school is back in session- there will be little time to do this so - I am making my Christmas gifts now. Just about everyone will be getting a handmade knit goodie- socks, scarf or hat.
  • Made the Dean's List- so very cool. Almost so proud of myself I could burst. One of the happiest pieces of mail I ever received.
  • New shoes coming in the mail today- gift from my mother- for making the Dean's List
  • New Fridge, New motor on the furnace (yes my furnace flooded in July- make sure your hoses are not plugged up!) car getting fixed (something with the front axel- I guess that would be important). Well, that is how I spent my STIMULOUS CHECK. God is great!
  • My book review was printed in the local paper last week. Love seeing my work published. Even if it is small- and slightly insignificant. It was actually hard to do- because I really did not like the book that much and could not say it- it was supposed to be a positive review of the book.
  • Watched Juno last night- suprisingly I liked it. Wasn't always able to follow the jibberish- I am so uncool.
  • Oh and Ceci is starting to talk. I have labored much in this area. We have been practicing articulation and motor control all summer so far. And with the help of her therapist she is learning and progressing at an exceptional rate. Yesturday she actually said "I love you mama". I still feel like I must pinch myself to wake up. But it was truely wonderful.

No comments: