Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Challenge!











http://www.quietfish.com/notebook/?p=1284


I am on board for this adventure.

I am so sick of handing my money over to corporate America.
Especially TARGET. Sorry Target- it was good while it lasted- but I am moving on.

We work so hard for our $$$. And yet it just slips out of our wallets like water. Especially at Christmas time. When did $100.00 become small time cash? I cannot tell you how many times I dropped a $100 this month for Christmas presents and when it came time for wrapping it was like- what the heck did I buy!

I struggle with Christmas and the commercialism. I have a hard time balencing my desire to keep it simple and small and humble with the fear of disappointing my children. I did cut back a bit this year- every little bit helps and some of the gifts were things they NEEDED (gasp). Like flannel sheets, a bed, etc. Some big ticket items were possible with family pitching in.

No comments: