Tuesday, May 01, 2007

SPT- on the street

I know this street is named after a state or a presidents.
Just can't remember which one.
Next time I am here-
I plan to pay more attention.
Been on this street so many times-
on vacation
and on short little day trips
like this.
I have been on this street
in the rain,
in the sun,
and in the snow.
Not much special about this street.
It's old.
It's very small town.
It's dirty.
It's crowded.
It's all mismatched.
It's a resort town.
It's a blue collar town.
It's people make big ships.
It's inhabited by artists.
It's inhabited by welders.
It's inhabited by lots of people of Belgium descent.
It's beautiful.
It's ugly.
It has a wonderful dive restaurant that we love.
It has lot of shops- which we really do not love.
But we love to walk up and down
both sides of this street.
I have no idea why.

2 comments:

Kim Carney said...

i always feel comfortable in a blue collar town ... ;) Everett, WA feels like that in some ways.

Molly said...

I live in a small town, and it makes me think about these streets versus the ones I will see over the weekend (Boston) and the peaceful calm of the small town, a place I resisted myself. Nice picture!