Saturday, March 10, 2007

Grateful Friday...(ok I'm a little late-Saturday)


  1. Oh, I am so grateful for the weather. It's 42 degrees with full sunshine. Melting all the snow from last weeks snow storm. The snow is packy so the kids can play in it. Just what I was in need of.

  2. A little road trip to one of our favorite vacation spots. Full of old architecture and dive resturants. A good day!

  3. Another good book. It will be out in May 07.

  4. Girl Scout cookies. Ok, I'll admit that I really should not be too grateful for these. I have had way too many of them and am already regretting them. However, they arrived at a very good time.

  5. Getting a new garage door opener on Monday. Yes, it is one of the major appliances that crapped out on us this month. Grateful to have the cash to pay for the replacement and installation. Too bad it didn't happen when the weather was frigid. But it will be nice not to manually open the door. Especially since there are no handles on the door to pull open or shut.

  6. The birds have been singing and getting frisky with each other. Didn't realize how much I missed their constant music. Can't wait to see my first Robin of the season. Soon Very Soon!

  7. The realization that I have been looking at the glass "half empty" instead of "half full". It really does make a difference. Another post on this epiphany in the near future.

  8. Another realization as to what is at the heart of my dispair. The obvious answer is just the catalyst. But the real reason is deeper. And now that I have discovered the real reason, it makes it much easier to deal with the situation as a whole and put perspective on the whole thing.

  9. Eggs, Toast, Bacon and Hashbrowns for lunch with a big glass on Diet Pepsi!

  10. Time to love up an old friend, pet, companion. Not much time left to enjoy him. I am coming to terms with the need to euthanize him. It hurts. I just wish he could pass quietly in his sleep. But I really don't think that is going to happen. Something is different in him this week. And a little bit of his spark has left his eyes. The hardest part is knowing when. And we are going on vacation for 10 days. Someone is staying at our house during that time. But, I just would hate for anything to happen to him while we are gone. Yet, I hate to end his life earlier, just because we are leaving. Not sure what to do.

  11. Work. I really like my job. And I really like the women that I work with.

  12. Very grateful for the shift in my mood. Very Very grateful!

1 comment:

chumly said...

There are always thorns with roses but the smell is always refreshing.